We offer a single doctoral degree in Psychology; students admitted to this program enter with the expectation of continuing graduate study through the Ph.D. as the department does not admit terminal master's students. Although most applicants have majored in psychology as undergraduates, this is not required. Please view our Doctoral Program Profile which includes data on faculty, enrollment, admissions, financial support, the number of degrees completed and postdoctoral plans.
The Fall 2021 application will open on August 1, 2020.
Our application deadline for Fall 2021 admissions is December 1st, 2020.
- Resume/Vita. On a separate page, please also include the contact information for 2-3 references who can speak towards your academic and research abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- List of psychology courses taken and grades received
In addition to materials submitted online, applicants must also provide:
- Optional: Applicants may upload an unofficial .pdf of their GRE scores from ETS to their online application
- Transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained, or any institutions attended post-bachelors. Copies of official transcripts that you have opened may be uploaded to the application online and used for admissions consideration. If you are admitted, sealed, or official electronic transcripts showing degree conferral, if applicable, must be provided by the end of your first semester at KU. Send official, sealed transcripts to:
313 Strong Hall
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Non-native Eglish speakers must demonstrate proof of English proficiency before gaining admission to a graduate program. More information can be found on KU's Graduate Studies English Proficiency Requirements for Graduate Admissions policy page.
Please direct any specific questions about our admissions process to:
Graduate Academic Advisor